    could guide us I would be pleased to them.

    Regards,
    E.Muruganandham

    Anand, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Anand <> writes:

    > Dear All,
    > I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
    > socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
    > could guide us I would be pleased to them.

    You should post that question on Windows specific newsgroup. A Unix
    specific newsgroup could be of some help as well (as winsocks are told
    to work in a very similar way to sockets in Unix and Unix-like OS-es).

    You might also find that useful: http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/

    --
    Best regards, _ _
    .o. | Liege of Serenly Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o

    Michal Nazarewicz, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Anand

    cr88192 Guest

    "Anand" <> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    > I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
    > socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
    > could guide us I would be pleased to them.

    well, this is a group of members who get really aggitated whenever something
    comes up that falls outside the C standards (this clearly does).

    issues:
    however, in this case, it may make a sense to pay MSDN or the MSVC help
    files a visit.
    the relevant topic here is "Winsock" ('Windows Sockets 2' should give you
    some useful info, and, more so, MS's help files tend to include more than a
    few examples to help one get started).

    if this is not enough, maybe seek out a group related specifically to
    Windows-based development (this is a common enough topic that helpful
    answers shouldn't be too hard to find).

    cr88192, Jan 8, 2008
  4. Anand

    Randy Howard Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 04:05:38 -0600, Michal Nazarewicz wrote
    (in article <86.com>):

    > Anand <> writes:
    >
    >> Dear All,
    >> I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
    >> socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
    >> could guide us I would be pleased to them.

    > You should post that question on Windows specific newsgroup. A Unix
    > specific newsgroup could be of some help as well (as winsocks are told
    > to work in a very similar way to sockets in Unix and Unix-like OS-es).

    This is generally true, although there are some important differences,
    which may or may not be understood well by those in the UNIX groups.
    There are groups dedicated to windows network programming, he should
    probably start there.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

    Randy Howard, Jan 8, 2008