    How to come out of this condition ?

    Thanks
    Pallav Singh
    Pallav singh, Jan 16, 2008

  2. Pallav singh

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:46:41 -0800 (PST), Pallav singh
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi All ,
    >
    > is there a debugger available to find which thread's are in DeadLock
    > when we have more than two critical section protected with muxtex?

    Certainly, X-Ray for VRTX will do that for code running under VRTX. Of
    course, although VRTX, although one of the early pioneering real time
    operating systems, is not much used anymore. According to Wikipedia,
    which should be taken with a grain of salt, VRTX runs the Hubble Space
    Telescope.

    > How to come out of this condition ?

    Of course, if you are running on another platform and not VRTX, X-Ray
    would not be of much use to you.

    Since the C++ language does not define debuggers, mutexes, critical
    sections, or deadlocks, all such things are specific to your operating
    system and compiler, which provide them as extensions or support
    tools.

    So you need to ask this question in a newsgroup that supports your
    compiler and operating system.

    Judging by the headers on your post, you need to ask in a group like

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Jan 16, 2008

  3. Pallav singh

    Pallav singh Guest

    On Jan 16, 12:08 pm, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:46:41 -0800 (PST), Pallav singh
    > <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:
    >
    > > Hi All ,

    > > is there a debugger available to find which thread's are in DeadLock
    > > when we have more than two critical section protected with muxtex?

    > Certainly, X-Ray for VRTX will do that for code running under VRTX. Of
    > course, although VRTX, although one of the early pioneering real time
    > operating systems, is not much used anymore. According to Wikipedia,
    > which should be taken with a grain of salt, VRTX runs the Hubble Space
    > Telescope.
    >
    > > How to come out of this condition ?

    > Of course, if you are running on another platform and not VRTX, X-Ray
    > would not be of much use to you.
    >
    > Since the C++ language does not define debuggers, mutexes, critical
    > sections, or deadlocks, all such things are specific to your operating
    > system and compiler, which provide them as extensions or support
    > tools.
    >
    > So you need to ask this question in a newsgroup that supports your
    > compiler and operating system.
    >
    > Judging by the headers on your post, you need to ask in a group like
    >
    > --
    > Jack Klein
    > Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
    > FAQs for
    > comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
    > comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html

    I am looking debugger for Threads DeadLock solution in Linux platform
    Pallav singh, Jan 16, 2008
  4. Pallav singh wrote:

    > I am looking debugger for Threads DeadLock solution in Linux platform

    Valgrind 3.3.0 has a tool called helgrind, which may do what you want, see
    http://www.valgrind.org

    Michael
    Michael Oswald, Jan 16, 2008