Regarding using Trademark (TM) symbol in .net

sasingh75

We have a strange problem using trademerk symbol in our emails.

We store certain templates in database as long text. A aprt of the text
looks as shown below.

"Please access the XYZ â„¢ site to review and update"

We retreive the template from database and send a email to our
customer. When the email is sent out to an hotmail account the content
gets changed to as shown below.

"Please access the XYZ T site to review and update"

I am using vb.net to access the database and retrieving the data. To
send email I am using the .net SMTP Server.

Any input is appreciated.

Mark Fitzpatrick

What trademark symbol are you actually using? Is it a font symbol? If so
then technically it's an illegal character in HTML so it will get displayed
differently based on the item displaying the HTML. Your best bet may be to
determine the exact symbol code that is in the text string and doing a
replace to convert it into an HTML trademark symbol ™

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

We have a strange problem using trademerk symbol in our emails.

We store certain templates in database as long text. A aprt of the text
looks as shown below.

"Please access the XYZ T site to review and update"

We retreive the template from database and send a email to our
customer. When the email is sent out to an hotmail account the content
gets changed to as shown below.

"Please access the XYZ T site to review and update"

I am using vb.net to access the database and retrieving the data. To
send email I am using the .net SMTP Server.

Any input is appreciated.

sasingh75

Thanks for the response.

What I did was I went to the Microsoft Office Document. Typed in XYZ
(TM) and it changed it to XYZ ™.

I copied it into the template and updated the database.

Reading from the database and showing in web page (Text Box) it shows
fine. While sending an email through browser or stand alone program it
changes it T. Would exchange server be responsible.?

Thanks
SS