Regarding XML Querying

pavan.madireddy

Hi,
My name is pavan kumar. I am working as a software engineer. I have a
doubt in XQL (XML Querying). I want to retrive the data from an XML
Document. So that i have to use XQL. I know how to write the queries
but. But i dont know the interface where i have to write the XML
Query. Can anyone help me out in this issue.

With Regards:
Pavan Kumar Madireddy.

Pavel Lepin

I have a doubt in XQL (XML Querying).

Nope. You don't have a doubt in, you have a question about.
(There's a nitpicking fad going on on the usenet wrt Indian
usage of the noun 'doubt' as synonymous to 'question'. Take
it lightly.)
So that i have to use XQL.

You know, this is the first time I hear that particular
acronym. (sound-fx of furious googling) It would seem that
XQL was a predecessor to modern XPath and, by extension,
XQuery almost ten years ago. I wonder where have you
managed to pick it up in 2007?
I know how to write the queries but. But i dont
know the interface where i have to write the XML Query.

Nice. Don't you think you failed to mention something? Like
the language/platform you're using? How is anyone supposed
to know anything about the interface in question if you
didn't provide a slightest hint about which one of them
might be of interest to you?

If you simply need to run some XQueries, installing Saxon-8B
is likely the easiest solution. After that everything is
just one 'java net.sf.saxon.Query' away.