    on..does anyone have a regular expression for time in hh:mm:ss
    -Vishal
    , Feb 3, 2007

  2. Paddy Guest

    On Feb 3, 8:59 am, wrote:
    > I am trying to use Kodos..but not getting thru'..dont know whats goin
    > on..does anyone have a regular expression for time in hh:mm:ss
    > -Vishal

    Well, with just knowing the above, the following raw string when used
    as a regular expression will capture the hh,mm,ss as groups 1,2,3
    r'\b(\d\d):(\d\d):(\d\d)\b'

    - Paddy
    Paddy, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Paddy Guest

    On Feb 3, 9:17 am, "Paddy" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 3, 8:59 am, wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to use Kodos..but not getting thru'..dont know whats goin
    > > on..does anyone have a regular expression for time in hh:mm:ss
    > > -Vishal

    > Well, with just knowing the above, the following raw string when used
    > as a regular expression will capture the hh,mm,ss as groups 1,2,3
    > r'\b(\d\d):(\d\d):(\d\d)\b'
    >
    > - Paddy

    P.S. I fired up Kodos and cut and pasted your message into the search
    string box;
    left the bottom notebook on the groups tag to show what groups i had
    captured; left the flags al off; then started typing the regular
    expression into the regular expression pattern box.
    Thats when i realised that your email said hh:mm:ss and I needed to
    match something with numbers so appended 08:34:66 as a new ine in the
    search string box.
    After typing in the regex, the group tab showed what I was after

    I like Kodos because it helps me when the RE's are much longer but i
    have sample text that I can easily paste in. I usually paste in a
    large tet sample just to make sure my RE doesn't fail on something I'm
    not expecting.
    - Paddy.
    ..
    Paddy, Feb 3, 2007