Regex in C++

Diwa

I want a portable regex c++ library for unix
and windows. Is Boost the right one ?

I also found previous posts in this group regarding
regex in which a Henry Spencer regex 'C' library
was recommended by a few.

Thanks
Diwakar

mlimber

Diwa said:
I want a portable regex c++ library for unix
and windows. Is Boost the right one ?

I also found previous posts in this group regarding
regex in which a Henry Spencer regex 'C' library
was recommended by a few.

If you can get it, std::tr1::regex is the best choice since it is what
will soon be part of the standard library. (Dinkumware's is the only
implementation I know of at present.) It is based on Boost.Regex,
however, so that should be your second choice. You might not even
notice the differences.

Cheers! --M

P.J. Plauger

If you can get it, std::tr1::regex is the best choice since it is what
will soon be part of the standard library. (Dinkumware's is the only
implementation I know of at present.) It is based on Boost.Regex,
however, so that should be your second choice. You might not even
notice the differences.

Our implememtation of TR1 is "based" on Boost code only to the
extent that many parts of TR1 are based on specifications from
Boost. We have completely reimplemented all of TR1.

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com

mlimber

P.J. Plauger said:
Our implememtation of TR1 is "based" on Boost code only to the
extent that many parts of TR1 are based on specifications from
Boost. We have completely reimplemented all of TR1.

Right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Cheers! --M