    was recommended by a few.

    Thanks
    Diwakar
    Diwa, Jan 5, 2007

  2. Diwa

    mlimber Guest

    Diwa wrote:
    > I want a portable regex c++ library for unix
    > and windows. Is Boost the right one ?
    >
    > I also found previous posts in this group regarding
    > regex in which a Henry Spencer regex 'C' library
    > was recommended by a few.

    If you can get it, std::tr1::regex is the best choice since it is what
    will soon be part of the standard library. (Dinkumware's is the only
    implementation I know of at present.) It is based on Boost.Regex,
    however, so that should be your second choice. You might not even
    notice the differences.

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jan 5, 2007

  3. Diwa

    P.J. Plauger Guest

    "mlimber" <> wrote in message

    > Diwa wrote:
    >> I want a portable regex c++ library for unix
    >> and windows. Is Boost the right one ?
    >>
    >> I also found previous posts in this group regarding
    >> regex in which a Henry Spencer regex 'C' library
    >> was recommended by a few.

    > If you can get it, std::tr1::regex is the best choice since it is what
    > will soon be part of the standard library. (Dinkumware's is the only
    > implementation I know of at present.) It is based on Boost.Regex,
    > however, so that should be your second choice. You might not even
    > notice the differences.

    Our implememtation of TR1 is "based" on Boost code only to the
    extent that many parts of TR1 are based on specifications from
    Boost. We have completely reimplemented all of TR1.

    P.J. Plauger
    Dinkumware, Ltd.
    http://www.dinkumware.com
    P.J. Plauger, Jan 6, 2007
  4. Diwa

    mlimber Guest

    P.J. Plauger wrote:
    > "mlimber" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Diwa wrote:
    > >> I want a portable regex c++ library for unix
    > >> and windows. Is Boost the right one ?
    > >>
    > >> I also found previous posts in this group regarding
    > >> regex in which a Henry Spencer regex 'C' library
    > >> was recommended by a few.

    > > If you can get it, std::tr1::regex is the best choice since it is what
    > > will soon be part of the standard library. (Dinkumware's is the only
    > > implementation I know of at present.) It is based on Boost.Regex,
    > > however, so that should be your second choice. You might not even
    > > notice the differences.

    > Our implememtation of TR1 is "based" on Boost code only to the
    > extent that many parts of TR1 are based on specifications from
    > Boost. We have completely reimplemented all of TR1.

    Right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jan 8, 2007
  5. Diwa

    Diwa Guest

    mlimber wrote:
    > P.J. Plauger wrote:
    > > "mlimber" <> wrote in message

    > > Our implememtation of TR1 is "based" on Boost code only to the
    > > extent that many parts of TR1 are based on specifications from
    > > Boost. We have completely reimplemented all of TR1.

    > Right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

    Thanks for everybody's inputs.
    -- Diwakar
    Diwa, Jan 16, 2007