RegEx - matching previous match

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by j ellings, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. j  ellings

    j ellings Guest

    Hello.

    I have an html file converted from PDF that includes the following
    sample lines:

    (html has been converted)

    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>
    No Critical Violations<br>

    I am trying to capture the information between the <i><b>
    tags as these are the only unique delimiters between entries.

    My regex is as follows:

    #do something
    }

    Unfortunately, the regex will match the first instance( Z &amp; A
    Newsstand), but ignore the second (Newstand) and then match on the
    third (Pudgies Deli).

    I can see that the match is working according to what I wrote; I am
    trying to fine tune it so that I can grab every match. Is there a way
    to include the previous &lt;i&gt;&lt;b&gt; in the next match such that
    it will not skip a potential match?

    Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated.

    John

    Any
    j ellings, Feb 27, 2008