regex reading html

ben miller

Hello,
I've a program I'm working on where we scrape some of our web pages
using Mechanize libraries and then parse what we've scraped using
different regex functions. However, I've noticed that no matter what I
do with the scraped content, regex functions can't find what they're
trying to match. If I take the same text and manually feed it to the
same regex functions, everything works as expected? Is there a
specific text transformation I need to apply before feeding the regex
functions?

Thanks!

Cameron Laird

Hello,
I've a program I'm working on where we scrape some of our web pages
using Mechanize libraries and then parse what we've scraped using
different regex functions. However, I've noticed that no matter what I
do with the scraped content, regex functions can't find what they're
trying to match. If I take the same text and manually feed it to the
same regex functions, everything works as expected? Is there a
specific text transformation I need to apply before feeding the regex
functions?
.
.
.
No.

There's an error, and it's in your understanding. I don't
mean to be harsh; from the information you've supplied, all
we can tell is that it's very likely you've mis-specified
one of your "regex functions".

To make more progress on this problem, it's VERY likely
going to be best that you supply a specific calculation
that gives you a specific result different from what you
expect. The details matter.