regex regcmp

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Raghavendra Mahuli, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Hi group,

    I am using regular expression functions regex and regcmp to validate some
    record which are of the form-

    REC1{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }

    That is a fairly simple job.
    But i have to extend it to handle nested records say like a record REC2
    which contains REC1

    like :

    REC2{'sjsd' | 2 | REC1{'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }| REC2{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' |
    78 }}

    Now the number preceding the nested record tells how many records will be
    present. In this case, it is 2.

    Can u pls suggest some way to handle nested regular expressions.

    Thanks in advance
    Raghavendra Mahuli, Nov 14, 2005

  2. "Raghavendra Mahuli" <> writes:
    > I am using regular expression functions regex and regcmp to validate some
    > record which are of the form-
    >
    > REC1{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }

    [snip]

    Standard C has no support for regular expressions. Try a newsgroup
    that's specific to your system (comp.unix.programmer, perhaps?).

    Keith Thompson, Nov 14, 2005