Regex search for VALUE OF variable - dynamic parse - NEWBIE

jason

I looked this up in several manuals and could not find anything
online. I know how to do it javascipt and ux shell scripting but just
can't find it in asp.net

I need my asp.net (VB) code to search for the value inside variable
linex.. I tried !linex , &linex, +linex+.... no luck.

Of course the below example is pulling lines with value "linex"

<VB CODE SNIPPET>
dim linex as string
linex="saywhat"
' below line is what's in question .......
Dim regexp2 as Regex = New Regex("^(.+)linex(.+)$",
RegexOptions.IgnoreCase or RegexOptions.Multiline )
Dim objMatch as Match
dim z as string
For Each objMatch in regexp2.Matches(session("readin"))
z = objMatch.ToString()
response.write(z + "<br>")
Next
</SNIPPET>

Also wondering , where would info on this topic online?

Thanks in advance for any info or help with this!