regex to avoid escaped quotes or double quotes

jOhn

I am doing an xpath compiler.

Biggest problem is how to ignore single and double quoted literals ... along
with escaped quotes.

Like the following (avoiding the quoted literal):

/some/cool/xml/path[fn:count(subelement[@title
='fn:count("/some/cool/xml/path[fn:count(subelement[@title
='fn:count()'])]")'])]

I'll post more as I work to solve it ... not even posting what i have now as
it is too weak.

-jhn

Phlip

jOhn said:
I am doing an xpath compiler.
I'll post more as I work to solve it ... not even posting what i have now as
it is too weak.

Have you raided Hpricot for "inspiration"?

(Its XPath is weak but its parsing in general is excellent!)