    How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
    subject?

    Your comments are appreciated.
    GrindKore, Aug 24, 2004

  2. GrindKore

    Joe Smith Guest

    GrindKore wrote:

    > How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
    > subject?

    I don't know about NewsBin, but other newsreader programs use the Subject
    line only for the purpose of putting the article in the right order.
    The actual file name can be found in the first few lines in the body
    of the first post.
    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Aug 24, 2004

  3. GrindKore

    GrindKore Guest

    "Joe Smith" <> wrote in message
    > GrindKore wrote:
    >
    > > How do other binary newsreaders like NewsBin extract filenames from post
    > > subject?

    > I don't know about NewsBin, but other newsreader programs use the Subject
    > line only for the purpose of putting the article in the right order.
    > The actual file name can be found in the first few lines in the body
    > of the first post.
    > -Joe

    Yeah I got the ordering part working pretty good, I hoped I could "guess"
    the filename from the subject
    because that way I only have to scan xover data for a given group, thus
    saving a lot of bandwidth.
    GrindKore, Aug 24, 2004