    How should your Ruby regexp engine be like ?

    --
    Simon Strandgaard

    Simon Strandgaard, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Isn't Ruby a dual license? AFAIK Ruby can be used in propietary software (don't
    say "commercial", say "propietary", there's a difference, MySQL is commercial and
    GPL).

    --
    Daniel Carrera | Aleph-0 bottles of beer on the wall, Aleph-0 bottles
    PhD student. | of beer. Take one down, pass it around, Aleph-0

    Daniel Carrera, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Simon Strandgaard

    Mark Wilson Guest

    On Nov 16, 2003, at 10:43 PM, Daniel Carrera wrote:

    > Isn't Ruby a dual license? AFAIK Ruby can be used in propietary
    > software (don't
    > say "commercial", say "propietary", there's a difference, MySQL is
    > commercial and
    > GPL).

    Ruby is dual license but it uses the GNU regular expressions library,
    which are LGPL. One motivation for Oniguruma, as I understand it, is to
    have a regular expressions implementation that can be dual licensed.
    So, Ruby can be used in proprietary software that is distributed,
    subject to the LGPL if the program uses the GNU regular expressions
    library.

    Regards,

    Mark Wilson

    Mark Wilson, Nov 17, 2003