region xor operation

Micha³ ¦liwka

Hi,

region := region1 xor region1 xor ... xor regionN

region is CRgn from MFC.
xor operation is done by CombineRgn method.

simple region is region, which edges does not overlap.

In general region may be not simple.

My problem is that CRgn gives no method to get from it a set of simple
regions sr1, ..., srK such that

region = sr1 or sr2 or ... or srK.

Do you know any class which will help me to get regions sr1, ..., srK ?

I searched CodeProject and google and find no solution. I believe that I
don't need to implement it by my own. Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Michal Sliwka

Kristo

Micha³ ¦liwka said:
Hi,

region := region1 xor region1 xor ... xor regionN

region is CRgn from MFC.
xor operation is done by CombineRgn method.

simple region is region, which edges does not overlap.

In general region may be not simple.

My problem is that CRgn gives no method to get from it a set of simple
regions sr1, ..., srK such that

region = sr1 or sr2 or ... or srK.

Do you know any class which will help me to get regions sr1, ..., srK ?

I searched CodeProject and google and find no solution. I believe that I
don't need to implement it by my own. Thanks for any help.

Disucssion of MFC classes is OT here. I suggest you try one of the
microsoft newsgroups.

Kristo

Michal Sliwka

Disucssion of MFC classes is OT here. I suggest you try one of the
microsoft newsgroups.

I'm looking for any c++ class that manages regions and fits my needs. CRgn
is only in the example.

Regards,
Michal Sliwka

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Michal said:
I'm looking for any c++ class that manages regions and fits my needs. CRgn
is only in the example.

It looks to me you are searching for some 2D-Boolean Operations library.
Google for one.