regional settings in iis server

Stefan Ljungstedt

Hello

I´ve ran into trouble after a server upgrade. Win server 2003, IIS ver. 6.
All regional settings on the server is swedish(that´s what i want) and it
looks correct in all ways but when running the date function in a asp page
it returns english short date format 24/5/2004 when I think it should be
2004-05-24.

The problem is that the application assumes swedish short date format.

I´ve read somewhere that the IIS server account has it´s own settings, how
do I change this ?

regards
Stefan Ljungstedt

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You modify IUSR_MachineName's password, log in as them, and change the
setting.

However, this can be overridden if someone is logged onto the server (e.g.
through a terminal server session).

There is a better way, that will prevent you from wondering if your shortcut
format will still work the same way tomorrow... just format the date
yourself instead of relying on formatDateTime.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2313

You can also play with session.LCID but I don't think there is a default
producing YYYY-MM-DD.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2260

Dennis Eklund

Have you tried Session.LCID = 1053