    changed for IIS6 or just because I have done something wrong?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Jonathan wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am trying to set a webserver to use French regional settings for
    > testing ASP pages.
    >
    > According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q306044, for IIS5, this
    > is a matter of changing the regional settings for the authenticated
    > user, and if this user does not have a user profile then the default
    > regional settings.

    You've misread it:
    When you use the Now, Date, or Time functions from Active Server Pages
    (ASP), the Date and Time formats differ depending on parameters such as the
    impersonating user, the authenticating user, the logged-on user, and the
    version of the operating system on the server.

    NOTE: Unless you specifically impersonate some user, the impersonating user
    is the same as the authenticating user. In addition, the logged-on user
    refers to the person who is logged on to the server,

    In IIS, by default, the authenticating user is the IUSR_MachineName account
    (known in some OSs as the Internet Guest Account). When this account is
    created, it is created with the default regional settings: US. You can hunt
    for the user's entry in the Registry and change it, or see:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2260

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 14, 2005

  3. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    Sorry, my mistake, although I should have mentioned that I am using Windows
    Authentication, in which case I am under the impression that the
    authentication user is the same user as the impersonated user. As the user
    will never usually have logged onto the computer, I would expect the default
    user's regional settings to be used.

    Jonathan, Jul 14, 2005
  4. No. You need to go back and read the documentation.

    I suggest that you not rely on Registry settings which can be changed
    without your knowledge. Instead, explicitly set the locale in your
    applications using the advice given in the aspfaq article.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 14, 2005
  5. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    Dear Bob,

    Thanks for your comments.

    1)I have reread the IIS6 documentation and it still seems to suggest to me
    that the authenticated user is the same as the impersonated user:
    "However, when a client request is processed, the thread processing the
    request uses a token associated with the client, also know as the
    authenticated user's token, during the duration of the request. This is known
    as impersonation"

    2) I have seen the ASPFAQ article you mention, however I do not want to
    simply set the locale, but also be able to customize the exact format used by
    the long date and decimal seperator. Is this possible in IIS6?

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Jul 14, 2005