    (1.234,56) and sometimes in the US format (1,234.56).
    Any idea how, from js, I can retrieve the PC's regional setup ?
    Tks, regards

    v_verno, Jun 2, 2004

  2. v_verno wrote:

    > I have a question about the regional settings (decimal point, date,
    > time, etc...)
    > I'm now writing a web page where I have to display amounts/dates in
    > the same format used by the loca PC. This means sometimes in italian
    > (1.234,56) and sometimes in the US format (1,234.56).
    > Any idea how, from js, I can retrieve the PC's regional setup ?

    Some browsers provide access to country and language settings, for
    example with Internet Explorer you can access navigator.userLanguage.

    There is no standardized way to query this information across browsers,
    see http://builder.com.com/5100-6371-5069931.html for an article about
    language feature detection.

    --
    Klaus Johannes Rusch