Regional settings

v_verno

I have a question about the regional settings (decimal point, date,
time, etc...)
I'm now writing a web page where I have to display amounts/dates in
the same format used by the loca PC. This means sometimes in italian
(1.234,56) and sometimes in the US format (1,234.56).
Any idea how, from js, I can retrieve the PC's regional setup ?
Tks, regards

Klaus Johannes Rusch

v_verno said:
I have a question about the regional settings (decimal point, date,
time, etc...)
I'm now writing a web page where I have to display amounts/dates in
the same format used by the loca PC. This means sometimes in italian
(1.234,56) and sometimes in the US format (1,234.56).
Any idea how, from js, I can retrieve the PC's regional setup ?

Some browsers provide access to country and language settings, for
example with Internet Explorer you can access navigator.userLanguage.

There is no standardized way to query this information across browsers,
see http://builder.com.com/5100-6371-5069931.html for an article about
language feature detection.