Register and Host activeX component in windows / internet explorer

alpana.dhole

I have made a ActiveX control for commericial application. A Drag and
Drop component for Mail server.

I need to host the component in Internet Explorer.

When a user opens a mail it should prompt the user to download and
register the Drag and Drop activeX component.

This should be a trivial program. Please let me know how is it done.

Thanks

VK

I have made a ActiveX control for commericial application. A Drag and
Drop component for Mail server.

I need to host the component in Internet Explorer.

When a user opens a mail it should prompt the user to download and
register the Drag and Drop activeX component.

I presume that "user opens a mail" refers to a mail reading interface
page in IE, not to "user opens an e-mail in user's mail agent", the
latter is not possible.

This should be a trivial program. Please let me know how is it done.

1) You get $300-$600 ready (depending on the chosen certificate)
2) You get all necessary credentials of your company (name, registered
mailing address, phone, fax, proofs of the validity of the company)
3) you go to verisign.com or thawte.com with all this info and your
money ready.
There is a number of other certificate authorities, the prices and
cross-browser support slightly vary but the pre-requisites are the
same.
4) You follow a well-specified step-by-step procedure to obtain a code-
signing sertificate.
5) You use this certificate to sign your ActiveX / XPCOM component.
6) If properly signed then it will prompt user to install the needed
component. Your user still can say "no" on prompt, but at least she
will be prompted - unlike with unsigned components which are silently
disregarded.

P.S.
- Can it be done for free and in a more simple way?
- No.
- You must be kidding me ?!
- No.