Register cheap domain names

Discussion in 'HTML' started by register.domain@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    You should get a domain name at Z-Names (http://www.z-names.com), it's
    very cheap and it comes with two options for redirections (on top of
    DNS of course), one is plain redirection where anyone arriving on your
    domain gets sent automatically to any web address of your choice, the
    second one makes a frameset (100%, so it is invisible) and the main
    frame loads your web address, but the browser window keeps your domain
    name all the time. It is very cheap ($9.99 per year for a .com), and
    comes with free email addresses too, so you can really use your domain
    fully.

    Also, you can make subdomains (for free as well), so that
    www.yourdomain.com can link to your Google Page for example,
    blog.yourdomain.com to your blog, photos.yourdomain.com to your Flickr
    gallery, etc.

    Anyway, be careful with redirections services where you don't own your
    own domain name, because they can change their service anytime they
    want, or add advertising pop-up windows for example... It doesn't cost
    much to have your own domain anyway, and you can keep it for ever, and
    get your email address too!

    I highly recommend www.z-names.com because it is very affordable (as
    cheap as GoDaddy for example) but has all the services included for
    free. It is powered by eNom, one of the biggest registrar in the world.

    (P.S.: I have personally bought many domains with them and never had
    any complaint.)
    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. Dan Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > You should get a domain name at [spammed site], it's
    > very cheap and it comes with two options for redirections (on top of
    > DNS of course), one is plain redirection where anyone arriving on your
    > domain gets sent automatically to any web address of your choice, the
    > second one makes a frameset (100%, so it is invisible) and the main
    > frame loads your web address, but the browser window keeps your domain
    > name all the time.

    It's better to get a real Web hosting account so that you can actually
    host your content within your domain, without any cheesy redirections
    or frames.

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Mar 22, 2006

    > It's better to get a real Web hosting account so that you can actually
    > host your content within your domain, without any cheesy redirections
    > or frames.

    Of course, they do normal DNS (A Name, CName, MX...) too. It's all
    included in the price of the domain name. But many people here seem to
    want to be using their domain with a free hosting, so this is also an
    option.

    And with the subdomains, you can also use redirection for a Flickr
    account or a Blogger account or a MySpace account, which you can't
    really make on your own hosting.

    Best thing is to have a choice and as many options as possible (again,
    all included in the basic price of the domain. No hidden extras!), and
    to also enjoy email addresses @ your own domain name, for life (no
    matter if you change job, change ISP, or switch to Gmail for example).
    , Mar 23, 2006