registerclientscript

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Boris said:
i need a tutorial
thanks

It would be nice if you didn't write the post's subject only in the
title. Makes it difficult to read you on mobile devices.

About RegisterClientScript, what it does is create a "<script>" section
in the HTML page. You can use it to produce JavaScript content on the
client.

Is it what you wanted to know?

Greetings,
Laurent

Boris Twila

that article does not even have the word
registerclientscript in ut at all.

Sheesh

Boris Twila

was that a tutorial that you just gave me?
It would be nice if you answered the actual question

George Ter-Saakov

Do a better search.
Or hit Cntrl + F in your browser.

PS: My tutorial registerclientscript = "register client script"
Just follow your instincts and you get it working .....

George.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Boris said:
was that a tutorial that you just gave me?
It would be nice if you answered the actual question

The sentence "About RegisterClientScript, what it does is create a
"<script>" section in the HTML page. You can use it to produce
JavaScript content on the client." is enough to get any programmer worth
its salt started.

So yes, I did.

HTH
Laurent

Olaf Rabbachin

Hi,

Boris said:
that article does not even have the word
registerclientscript in ut at all.

just read it. Usage is not like pasting a line of code and using it "as is"
in your own app. And BTW - you should be using RegisterClientScriptBlock if
you're using ASP.Net 2.

Cheers,
Olaf

Boris Twila

i am using asp,net 2 but RegisterClientScriptBlock isn't recognized in
intellisense in my ide vwd

Olaf Rabbachin

Hi,

Boris said:
i am using asp,net 2 but RegisterClientScriptBlock isn't recognized in
intellisense in my ide vwd

in C#:
this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

or VB:
Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

.... doesn't give you any intellisense? Are you doing this from a web-page?

Cheers,
Olaf

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Olaf said:
Hi,

in C#:
this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

or VB:
Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

... doesn't give you any intellisense? Are you doing this from a web-page?

Cheers,
Olaf

If that's an upgraded project from ASP.NET 1.1, the System.Web dll must
be referenced manually. The ClientScriptManager is a new class in 2.0

HTH,
Laurent