    Boris Twila Guest

    i need a tutorial
    thanks
    Boris Twila, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Boris Twila wrote:
    > i need a tutorial
    > thanks

    It would be nice if you didn't write the post's subject only in the
    title. Makes it difficult to read you on mobile devices.

    About RegisterClientScript, what it does is create a "<script>" section
    in the HTML page. You can use it to produce JavaScript content on the
    client.

    Is it what you wanted to know?

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Olaf Rabbachin, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Boris Twila

    Boris Twila Guest

    that article does not even have the word
    registerclientscript in ut at all.

    Sheesh
    Boris Twila, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Boris Twila

    Boris Twila Guest

    was that a tutorial that you just gave me?
    It would be nice if you answered the actual question
    Boris Twila, Nov 1, 2006
  6. Do a better search.
    Or hit Cntrl + F in your browser.

    PS: My tutorial registerclientscript = "register client script"
    Just follow your instincts and you get it working .....

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Nov 1, 2006
  7. Hi,

    Boris Twila wrote:
    > was that a tutorial that you just gave me?
    > It would be nice if you answered the actual question

    The sentence "About RegisterClientScript, what it does is create a
    "<script>" section in the HTML page. You can use it to produce
    JavaScript content on the client." is enough to get any programmer worth
    its salt started.

    So yes, I did.

    HTH
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Nov 1, 2006
  8. Hi,

    Boris Twila wrote:

    > that article does not even have the word
    > registerclientscript in ut at all.

    just read it. Usage is not like pasting a line of code and using it "as is"
    in your own app. And BTW - you should be using RegisterClientScriptBlock if
    you're using ASP.Net 2.

    Cheers,
    Olaf
    --
    My .02: www.Resources.IntuiDev.com
    Olaf Rabbachin, Nov 2, 2006
  9. Boris Twila

    Boris Twila Guest

    i am using asp,net 2 but RegisterClientScriptBlock isn't recognized in
    intellisense in my ide vwd
    Boris Twila, Nov 2, 2006
  10. Boris Twila

    Boris Twila Guest

    Boris Twila, Nov 2, 2006
  11. Hi,

    Boris Twila wrote:

    > i am using asp,net 2 but RegisterClientScriptBlock isn't recognized in
    > intellisense in my ide vwd

    in C#:
    this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

    or VB:
    Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock

    .... doesn't give you any intellisense? Are you doing this from a web-page?

    Cheers,
    Olaf
    --
    My .02: www.Resources.IntuiDev.com
    Olaf Rabbachin, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Hi,

    Olaf Rabbachin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Boris Twila wrote:
    >
    >> i am using asp,net 2 but RegisterClientScriptBlock isn't recognized in
    >> intellisense in my ide vwd

    > in C#:
    > this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock
    >
    > or VB:
    > Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock
    >
    > ... doesn't give you any intellisense? Are you doing this from a web-page?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Olaf

    If that's an upgraded project from ASP.NET 1.1, the System.Web dll must
    be referenced manually. The ClientScriptManager is a new class in 2.0

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft