Registering a virtual directory with a web application.

andybobbydaniels

I have got an ASP.Net 3.5 web application running on IIS containing a
virtual directory. The virtual directory is a shared controls library.
What I was wondering is there any way of registering the virtual
directory in Visual Studio 2008 so that the IDE doesn't complain about
not being able to find any of the registered controls in a web form.

Many thanks

Andrew

Kevin Spencer

You can register the class library in the GAC.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Chicken Salad Surgeon
Microsoft MVP

andybobbydaniels

You can register the class library in the GAC.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Chicken Salad Surgeon
Microsoft MVP

Referencing the assembly isn't the problem. When I say control library
I meant user controls. To give you a bit of context I've got a series
of registration and account management forms which are used on a few
different sites. These sit in the library, the library is referenced
in the web application and is a virtual directory in IIS so the GUI
can be displayed.