Registering ActiveX controls -- HTML rendering comparison tool

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mike c, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. mike c

    mike c Guest

    I know this is probably the wrong place to ask the question, but please bare
    with me.

    I've built a Windows application available at: http://www.zeit.ca/mozie/
    that compares page rendering in Internet Explorer (MSHTML/Trident) and
    Mozilla (Gecko) through use of the Mozilla ActiveX Control embedded in an
    HTML file running as an HTA.

    Given the recent discovery that multipe versions of Internet Explorer can
    run side-by-side in Windows: http://www.skyzyx.com/archives/000094.php I've
    been trying to register the standalone shdocvw.dlls in these packages so
    that they may be used as ActiveX controls. My goal is to add IE 5 rendering
    to the application so that users can switch between IE 6, IE 5 and Mozilla
    page renderings.

    I really don't know much about ActiveX so if someone has a solution, can
    steer me in the right direction, or at the very least can tell me if what I
    am trying to achieve is possible or not, it would be greatly appreciated.

    --
    Thanks,
    MikeyC

    mike c, Dec 23, 2003