registering multiple sitemap files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by -D-, Jul 22, 2006.

  1. -D-

    -D- Guest

    I am trying to use multiple sitemaps within my site as described in the
    following MSDN article:

    I tried adding the following to the web.config file:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    <appSettings>
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Password=xxxxx;Persist Security
    Info=True;User ID=username;Initial Catalog=DBName;Data Source=SERVERNAME" />
    </appSettings>
    <system.web>
    <siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="TopNavigationBar" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
    siteMapFile="~/NavigationMenus/TopNavigationBar.sitemap" />
    <add name="LeftNavigationBar"type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
    siteMapFile="~/NavigationMenus/LeftNavigationBar.sitemap" />
    </providers>
    </siteMap>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    But, I recieved the following error: the provider 'XmlSiteMapProvider'
    specified for the defaultProvider does not exist in the providers
    collection.

    Where did I go wrong?
    -D-, Jul 22, 2006

  2. -D-

    -D- Guest

    Please disregard....I figured it out.

    "-D-" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to use multiple sitemaps within my site as described in the
    > following MSDN article:
    >
    > I tried adding the following to the web.config file:
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <configuration

    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    > <appSettings>
    > <add key="ConnectionString" value="Password=xxxxx;Persist Security
    > Info=True;User ID=username;Initial Catalog=DBName;Data Source=SERVERNAME"

    />

    -D-, Jul 23, 2006