Registering SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 with ASP .Net 2.0 Beta 2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Pavan, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Pavan

    Pavan Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 version (NOT SQL SERVER EXPRESS EDITION)
    in my system named 'MySys'.

    I am developing a web application, in which i am using Membership services
    for storing my user's credentials.

    Now Have i to register SQL Server 2005 with ASP .Net, because, ASP.Net is
    working properly with SQL Server Express edition and is not working with Sql
    Server 2005.

    Please tell me you have some idea in this.

    Thank you for your responses

    --
    Cheers,

    Pavan

    Pavan, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Use the ASPNET_REGSQL.exe tool and it will allow you to specify a database,
    in which it will create the appropriate tables/sprocs required for
    membership/profile type services.

    Can't remember the exact location of that tool off the top of my head but
    search for it in the directories where .Net V2 is installed.

    If you run the tool (no cmd line arguments) you will get a nice GUI to step
    you through.
    --
    - Paul Glavich
    MVP ASP.NET

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Jul 14, 2005