    look into some parts of your site, only if he is registered? shall i use a
    little software? if yes, tell me please how to do that.. thankss

    Fra
    pikkola_stella, Dec 1, 2003

  2. pikkola_stella

    rf Guest

    "pikkola_stella" <> wrote in message
    news:toFyb.31924$...
    > hi everybody.. i just wanna know, is there the opportunity to make someone
    > look into some parts of your site, only if he is registered?

    Why?

    rf
    rf, Dec 1, 2003

  3. "rf" wrote:
    || Why?
    || rf

    i had some ideas using "blogs" to render my site quite interactive..
    (however, i'm still looking for some informations onto how using them!!).
    But an interactive site, lead to anyone who wants to cooperate writing
    something, needs some order.. there's too much spam around, and i would not
    like any troll to create flames!!

    Fra
    pikkola_stella, Dec 1, 2003
  4. pikkola_stella

    PeterMcC Guest

    pikkola_stella wrote:
    > hi everybody.. i just wanna know, is there the opportunity to make
    > someone look into some parts of your site, only if he is registered?
    > shall i use a little software? if yes, tell me please how to do
    > that.. thankss

    ..htaccess password protection might be a solution.
    http://wsabstract.com/howto/htaccess3.shtml

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Dec 1, 2003
  5. pikkola_stella

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    pikkola_stella wrote:
    > hi everybody.. i just wanna know, is there the opportunity to make
    > someone look into some parts of your site, only if he is registered?
    > shall i use a little software? if yes, tell me please how to do
    > that.. thankss

    Your host can make a folder with those specific pages password protected.
    If you want a real registration, you'll need something like PHP or ASP.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Dec 1, 2003