Regular Expression in password

Chris

I want to ensure a password has a least one lower case letter, one upper
letter and a number. I'm a bit of a newbie but I understand you can use the
pipe system for OR what about AND.I would like something like this.

[a-z]&[A-Z]&[1-9]

Guest

Hi,
Try following expresion:
var regexp = /^\w*(?=\w*\d)(?=\w*[a-z])(?=\w*[A-Z])\w*$/
If you find this post useful then please do click yes at "Was this post
helpful to you"

Thanks and Regards,
Manish Bafna.
MCP and MCTS.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Chris said:
I want to ensure a password has a least one lower case letter, one upper
letter and a number. I'm a bit of a newbie but I understand you can use the
pipe system for OR what about AND.I would like something like this.

[a-z]&[A-Z]&[1-9]

There is no and operation in regular expressions. It's not useful, as a
character can not be a lower case letter, an upper case letter and a
digit at the same time. Each character is only one of these.

You can express your demands like any of several different patterns:

something-upper-something-lower-something-digit-something
something-upper-something-digit-something-lower-something
something-lower-something-upper-something-digit-something
something-lower-something-digit-something-upper-something
something-digit-something-upper-something-lower-something
something-digit-something-lower-something-upper-something

The first one would be expressed as:

..*[A-Z].*[a-z].*[1-9].*

Express the others similarly, and put them togther with the or operator:

(.*[A-Z].*[a-z].*[1-9].*)|(...)|(...) ...

Riki

Göran Andersson said:
Chris said:
I want to ensure a password has a least one lower case letter, one
upper letter and a number. I'm a bit of a newbie but I understand
you can use the pipe system for OR what about AND.I would like
something like this. [a-z]&[A-Z]&[1-9]

There is no and operation in regular expressions.

There is.
See Manish's post.

See also www.regexlib.com and search for "password"

?

Riki said:
Göran Andersson said:
Chris said:
I want to ensure a password has a least one lower case letter, one
upper letter and a number. I'm a bit of a newbie but I understand
you can use the pipe system for OR what about AND.I would like
something like this. [a-z]&[A-Z]&[1-9]
There is no and operation in regular expressions.

There is.
See Manish's post.

See also www.regexlib.com and search for "password"

That's not an and operation. It's a zero-width positive lookahead.