Regular expression question

Glenn Kidd

I am trying express a regular expresion used for substitution that is
causing me problems and I was hoping that someone might be able to
help me. The first part of the regular expression is easy,
specifically to match "$!?[a-zA-Z][-\w\d]*", but I do not want to
match this if it is prefixed with the regular expression
"Foo\.bar\(\s*". Also, on the matches I want to replace with
"Foo\.bar\( $1 \)". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Glenn