Regular Expression with accent letters

aldobelli

Hi,
I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

^[A-Z a-z \' àèéìòù]{3,}$

but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters

I've tried this:

^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$

but I've the same problem.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Evertjan.

wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi,
I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

^[A-Z a-z \' àèéìòù]{3,}$

but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters

I've tried this:

^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$

but I've the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Is there a classic asp topic here?

Please look elsewhere on usenet.

Bob Barrows

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

Is there a classic asp topic here?
?
This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
server-side code?
Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?

Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your question.
But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so inclined.

Evertjan.

Bob Barrows wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in
?
This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
server-side code?
Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?

Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your
question. But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so
inclined.

i like the idea of dedicated NG's and would hate this NG to nbe a free for
all questionaire.

As regex in javscript has the advantage of easily making single statement
regex implimentations, has become one of the de
facto regex discussion zones of just that implementation of regex. Other
implementations are not very welcome even there.

I would hate to see this NG's subject broadened to cover what c.l.j already
does.

[regex in VBS looks so very cumbersome to me, that even in asp I justr ad a
function or two in js, when needed.]

Anthony Jones

Evertjan. said:
[...]

Unless you want to enumerate a series of matches that have submatches, in
which case the VBS RegExp object is easier to use.

Anthony Jones

Hi,
I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

^[A-Z a-z \' àèéìòù]{3,}$

but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters

I've tried this:

^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$

but I've the same problem.

Both work fine in VBS. More context needed.