    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

    , Mar 3, 2009

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Hi,
    > I'm using this reg exp to validate a string
    >
    > ^[A-Z a-z \' àèéìòù]{3,}$
    >
    > but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters
    >
    > I've tried this:
    >
    > ^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$
    >
    > but I've the same problem.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    Is there a classic asp topic here?

    Please look elsewhere on usenet.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 3, 2009

  3. Bob Barrows Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

    <snip>

    >> Can anyone help me?

    > Is there a classic asp topic here?

    ?
    This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
    server-side code?
    Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?

    Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your question.
    But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so inclined.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows, Mar 3, 2009
  4. Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in

    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

    > <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me?

    >> Is there a classic asp topic here?
    >>

    > ?
    > This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
    > server-side code?
    > Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?
    >
    > Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your
    > question. But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so
    > inclined.

    i like the idea of dedicated NG's and would hate this NG to nbe a free for
    all questionaire.

    As regex in javscript has the advantage of easily making single statement
    regex implimentations, news:comp.lang.javascript has become one of the de
    facto regex discussion zones of just that implementation of regex. Other
    implementations are not very welcome even there.

    I would hate to see this NG's subject broadened to cover what c.l.j already
    does.

    [regex in VBS looks so very cumbersome to me, that even in asp I justr ad a
    function or two in js, when needed.]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 3, 2009
  5. "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > Bob Barrows wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in
    >
    >> Evertjan. wrote:

    >> <snip>

    >>> Is there a classic asp topic here?
    >>>

    >> ?
    >> This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
    >> server-side code?
    >> Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?
    >>
    >> Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your
    >> question. But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so
    >> inclined.

    > i like the idea of dedicated NG's and would hate this NG to nbe a free for
    > all questionaire.
    >
    > As regex in javscript has the advantage of easily making single statement
    > regex implimentations, news:comp.lang.javascript has become one of the de
    > facto regex discussion zones of just that implementation of regex. Other
    > implementations are not very welcome even there.
    >
    > I would hate to see this NG's subject broadened to cover what c.l.j
    > already
    > does.
    >
    > [regex in VBS looks so very cumbersome to me, that even in asp I justr ad
    > function or two in js, when needed.]

    Unless you want to enumerate a series of matches that have submatches, in
    which case the VBS RegExp object is easier to use.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Mar 5, 2009
  6. <> wrote in message
    >Hi,
    >I'm using this reg exp to validate a string
    >
    >^[A-Z a-z \' àèéìòù]{3,}$
    >
    >but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters
    >
    >I've tried this:
    >
    >^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$
    >
    >but I've the same problem.

    Both work fine in VBS. More context needed.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Mar 5, 2009