    Can i use RegularExpressionValidator for this purpose? Could someone give me
    an example of ValidationExpression i should use?

    Thanks in advance.

    M. Ali Qureshi, Dec 17, 2007

  2. You could just write a CustomValidator that checks for an (Integer?) value
    greater than zero.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f5db6z8k.aspx
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Dec 17, 2007

  3. M. Ali Qureshi

    marss Guest

    On 17 çÒÄ, 15:16, "M. Ali Qureshi" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a text field, where i want the user to add only numbers. The minimum
    > value should be 1 and there is no limit on maximum value.
    >
    > I cannot use RangeValidator, because it requires a maximum value as well.

    What are you going to do with value from the textbox? If you want to
    convert it to a numeric value then a RangeValidator will be good
    enough, just set a maximum value to Int32.MaxValue or Int64.MaxValue
    according to the required result. In that way, you also check whether
    an entered value does not exceed its data type range.

    But if you want a string that contains numbers only, starting from 1,
    use a RegularExpressionValidator with ValidationExpression =
    "[1-9]\d*"

    Regards,
    Mykola
    http://marss.co.ua

    marss, Dec 17, 2007
  4. You neither need a RegExValidator nor a custom validator for that. The
    compareValidator can validate against a constant value. Your tag should look
    like this:

    <asp:CompareValidator ID="CV1" runat="server"
    Type="Double"
    Operator="GreaterThanEqual"
    ValueToCompare="1"
    ControlToValidate="myTextBox"
    ErrorMessage="Value must be greater than 0!" />

    Hope that works for you. Eid Mubarak ;)

    --
    Mohamad Elarabi
    Lead Developer. MCTS, MCPD.