    Any ideas why?

    Regards

    Mehdi
    Mehdi, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Mehdi

    Hermit Dave Guest

    does the webroot have aspnet_client folder ? and does it have any .js files
    ?

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    "Mehdi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After deploying my asp.net (1.1) to IIS 6, I have noticed that my

    validation

    Hermit Dave, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Hermit,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have asp_client folders such javascripts (if I undrestand you correctly)
    on the web root. However I am not using my own javascripts here is an
    example:

    RegularExpression1.ValidationExpression = "^[0-9a-zA-Z]{5,15}$";
    RegularExpression1.ControlToValidate = TextBox1;
    RegularExpression1.ErrorMessage = "Please enter a valid text";

    Mehdi
    Mehdi, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Mehdi

    Hermit Dave Guest

    did you upgrade the framework on the server recently ? i have heard of
    instances where the service pack sorted up a few people's apps.

    i would suggest you do the following

    start >> run >> cmd
    cd %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\framework_version
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    That will reinstall the binding of framework with IIS. let me know if that
    helps

    And yes i understood you correctly. When you use the regularexpression
    validators or any validator like requiredfield validator.. it links up to
    the js file for validation.
    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Thanks again Hermit,

    Unfortuntely I have no control over IIS as I am using a shared server
    solution. Can you think of anything alse beside framework upgrade that may
    cause this?

    Mehdi, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Mehdi

    Hermit Dave Guest

    what i would suggest is browse through the earlier posts on this and the
    framework NGs. i am not sure if people have it resolved.

    BTW. do you have other validation controls working correctly ?

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    All validation controls working ok after round-trip to the server except my
    custom javascripts such as:

    function ConfirmDelete(source, arguments)
    {
    if (confirm("Are you sure you wish to delete selected record(s)?"))
    {
    arguments.IsValid = true;
    }
    else
    {
    arguments.IsValid = false;

    Thanks

    Mehdi
    Mehdi, Oct 4, 2004
  8. Mehdi

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i think you have problems with default validators... you mentioned that its
    a shared server. if its with a host then ask them... raise a problem and get
    them to look at it. The problem is client side validation. Seems to me that
    your server side is just fine. WebUIValidation.js is the thing you are
    looking for.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 4, 2004
  9. Mehdi

    Hermit Dave Guest

    http://weblogs.asp.net/rosherove/archive/2003/10/06/30652.aspx
    this might help

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 4, 2004
  10. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Thanks Hermit
    Mehdi, Oct 5, 2004
  11. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    I moved the "asp_client" folder in the same level as my virtual folder that
    I have access to via ftp and it worked!

    Many thanks again

    Mehdi

    Mehdi, Oct 5, 2004