Reinstall ASP in windows 2000 Server

Rui Oliveira

How can I reinstall ASP in windows 2000 Server?

Is possible reinstall it, without reinstall IIS?

Thanks & Regards,
Rui Oliveira

Ray at

For what reason?

You can do
regsvr32 /u %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll

to unregister and reregister asp.dll, but that won't do anything useful
unless something is messed up with the current registration.

Ray at work

Jeff Cochran

How can I reinstall ASP in windows 2000 Server?

Is possible reinstall it, without reinstall IIS?

You can't actually Uninstall or Install ASP. How about telling us
what problem you're facing so we can suggest a solution that will work
for you?

Jeff

Rui Oliveira

I have a problem with installation of OWA in Windows 2000
Server, and the solution for this problem in Windows NT4.0
Server is reinstall ASP.

We have an installation of Exchange Server 5.5 in a
Windows 2000 Server, and we are installing the Outlook Web
Access (from Exchange Server 5.5) in other Windows 2000
Server.

And setup fails when installing Outlook Web Access.
When running the Microsoft Exchange Server Setup program
to install the Outlook Web Access (OWA) component, you may
receive the following error:

"The command lodctr ewsperf.ini" failed, returning a code
of <6>"

"Processing file E:\server\eng\setup\i386\webcon.ins, at
or near line 9.
Microsoft Windows NT no: 0xc002002"

This error is solved for Windows NT 4.0 Server in article
KB173509.
CAUSE: This error occurs because Active Server Pages (ASP)
is not installed on the server.
RESOLUTION: From the Windows NT Service Pack 3 compact
disk, run IIS30\ASP\i386\ASP.EXE to install ASP and then
install OWA.

Thanks & Regards,
Rui Oliveira