Reject an attribute that has only spaces in schema

hellostephen

Hi.

I'm looking for a way reject an xml document with an attribute
that has whitespace only. This is not so hard when the attribute
is an empty string but the whitespaces has me stumped.

BTW I know very little regular expression syntax.

Thanks.

Peter Flynn

Hi.

I'm looking for a way reject an xml document with an attribute
that has whitespace only. This is not so hard when the attribute
is an empty string but the whitespaces has me stumped.

<xsl:if test="normalize-space(@foo)=''">

Counter-intuitive, as the normalize-space function condenses multiple
sequential white-space tokens to a single space when they occur between
non-white-space characters, but zaps them completely when they occur in
isolation. It's consistent with the action taken for leading and trailing
multiple white-space, rather than with the action taken on white-space
between words.
BTW I know very little regular expression syntax.

Not needed in this case.

///Peter