RejectConf

Ryan Davis

Jacob Harris and I came up with the idea of doing RejectConf. If you
submitted a proposal for rubyconf and got shot down (or just want to
give a talk), send me some info or grab me, Jacob, or Eric Hodel and
we'll make it happen.

Tentatively planned for Friday night... LATE. YAY for sleep deprivation!

Tim Bray

Jacob Harris and I came up with the idea of doing RejectConf.

The high-falutin' term is <i>salon des refus=E9s</i> - a few of these=
=20
constituted changes in direction in Modern Art, when the =20
establishment refused to show the young radicals' paintings, so they =
=20
went their own way, successfully. -Tim

pat eyler

Jacob Harris and I came up with the idea of doing RejectConf. If you
submitted a proposal for rubyconf and got shot down (or just want to
give a talk), send me some info or grab me, Jacob, or Eric Hodel and
we'll make it happen.

Where're we going to meet? It'll be hard to miss this one.
Tentatively planned for Friday night... LATE. YAY for sleep deprivation!

Ah, I didn't want to sleep anyway.

Ben Bleything

Jacob Harris and I came up with the idea of doing RejectConf. If you
submitted a proposal for rubyconf and got shot down (or just want to
give a talk), send me some info or grab me, Jacob, or Eric Hodel and
we'll make it happen.

Woot, this idea floated around pdx.rb as well, but apparently none of us
had what it takes to make it happen :)

I'm excited.

Ben

Charles Oliver Nutter

Ryan said:
Jacob Harris and I came up with the idea of doing RejectConf. If you
submitted a proposal for rubyconf and got shot down (or just want to
give a talk), send me some info or grab me, Jacob, or Eric Hodel and
we'll make it happen.

Tentatively planned for Friday night... LATE. YAY for sleep deprivation!

I'm in, though I won't be assembling a formal confederation of JRuby
slides...I've done them a dozen times already.

Gregory Brown

Where're we going to meet? It'll be hard to miss this one.

This sounds awesome. Assuming they don't cancel my flight *again*
tomorrow, I'b be glad to check this out.

Ryan Davis

The high-falutin' term is <i>salon des refus=E9s</i> - a few of these =20=
constituted changes in direction in Modern Art, when the =20
establishment refused to show the young radicals' paintings, so =20
they went their own way, successfully.

We aren't aiming that high. :)

dblack

---2049402039-1049144906-1161362825=:26415

---2049402039-1049144906-1161362825=:26415

Hi --

We aren't aiming that high. :)

And there's no establishment trying to suppress young radicals, in
this particular case.

I hope it goes well. I wish I were there. It feels weird not to be.

David

--=20
David A. Black | (e-mail address removed)
---2049402039-1049144906-1161362825=:26415--
---2049402039-1049144906-1161362825=:26415--

jason.p.morrison

Ryan said:
Saturday night is when we are going to meet. Where is still TBA.

Is this the definitive place to watch for more info? (I came late to
RubyConf today) Is it open to all / is there a limited registration?
Just heard to look at the caboo.se wiki for info, but it looks
super-secretive as caboo.se usual.

Jason Morrison
jason.p.morrison at gmail
Ruby Type Inference for Google Summer of Code
http://soc.jayunit.net

Hal Fulton

Dr said:
I expect audio records + synchronised slides on the web by Monday for
those of us not going :)

It was pretty cool actually.

As for audio/video, I think this summarizes it:

Cheers,
Hal

Hal Fulton

And there's no establishment trying to suppress young radicals, in
this particular case.

Haha, that's what you'd say if you WERE part of a conspiracy to
suppress young radicals... ;)

Just kidding, I threw away my tinfoil hat ages ago.
I hope it goes well. I wish I were there. It feels weird not to be.

It felt funny without you, too. The club of "attended every RubyConf"
has shrunk that much more. It's now Jim Freeze, Paul Brannan I think,
Nathaniel Talbott, and few others if any. (Not me, you, Matz, Chad,
Jim W, ...)

Hal

dblack

Hi --

Haha, that's what you'd say if you WERE part of a conspiracy to
suppress young radicals... ;)

Just kidding, I threw away my tinfoil hat ages ago.

It felt funny without you, too. The club of "attended every RubyConf"
has shrunk that much more. It's now Jim Freeze, Paul Brannan I think,
Nathaniel Talbott, and few others if any. (Not me, you, Matz, Chad,
Jim W, ...)

Yeah, we lost two this year (me and Jim W.). The every-year club is
now:

Paul Brannan
Jim Freeze
Rich Kilmer
Masayoshi Takahashi # <= from Japan, six years in a row!!
Nathaniel Talbott

I believe that this year we achieved, or came very close to achieving,
the landmark of 10X growth since the first year.

David

--
David A. Black | (e-mail address removed)

Daniel Berger

Hal said:
Haha, that's what you'd say if you WERE part of a conspiracy to
suppress young radicals... ;)

Just kidding, I threw away my tinfoil hat ages ago.

It felt funny without you, too. The club of "attended every RubyConf"
has shrunk that much more. It's now Jim Freeze, Paul Brannan I think,
Nathaniel Talbott, and few others if any. (Not me, you, Matz, Chad,
Jim W, ...)

Me!

In the end, there can be only one. And then....the prize! Which is
probably just a book signed by Matz or something, but you know, still
worth chopping heads off for.

- Dan

dblack

Hi --

Me!

In the end, there can be only one. And then....the prize! Which is
probably just a book signed by Matz or something, but you know, still
worth chopping heads off for.

Sorry Dan -- I left you out of my list (see previous email). I could
swear there were seven last year, and therefore five now... so am I
wrong about Rich?

David

--
David A. Black | (e-mail address removed)

Hal Fulton

Sorry Dan -- I left you out of my list (see previous email). I could
swear there were seven last year, and therefore five now... so am I
wrong about Rich?

Actually, I think Rivh did miss one.

Hal