Relation between Points & Pixels

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rashmi Panduranga, May 16, 2005.

  1. We know that 1 inch= 72 points.
    Please let me know what is the relation between Points & Pixels.

    Rashmi Panduranga, May 16, 2005

  2. Hello,
    Quoting from http://www.hpaa.com/css1/pxnpts.asp :
    "The relationship of pixels to points depends on the number of pixels
    per inch, which is typically some 'standard' value corresponding to
    default screen fonts. For example, MS Windows has two standard sets of
    screen fonts initially designed for IBM display systems: 'small' (VGA)
    and 'large' (8514/A). 'Small' fonts are 96 pixels per inch, 'large' are
    120. Macintosh systems render type at a nominal 72 pixels per inch, i.e.
    one pixel = one point. Some display systems using scalable screen fonts
    allow fine tuning of pixels per inch to suit user preferences."

    Maqsood Ahmed [MCP,C#]
    Kolachi Advanced Technologies
    http://www.kolachi.net

    Maqsood Ahmed, May 16, 2005

  3. thanx a lot.
    I wanted to know why Microsoft.Office.Interop.Graph Primary Interface
    Assembly used? I wanted to know where can I find help wrt classes,
    interfaces, methods, properties of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Graph. Pls
    do let me know.

    Rashmi Panduranga, May 17, 2005