Relative Directory References On MacIntosh?

(Pete Cresswell)

The following code works a-ok on a Windows PC, but on a MacIntosh, the link
targets could not be found.

Something about expressing references to files/directories relative to current?

Something about the current directory not being the same?

--------------------------------

(Pete Cresswell)

RE/

Somebody has already pointed out that my slashes are backwards for HTML. I'll
try fixing them and try to find another Max...however that does not explain why
the first one didn't resolve.

Dennis M. Marks

Pete Cresswell said:
The following code works a-ok on a Windows PC, but on a MacIntosh, the link
targets could not be found.

Something about expressing references to files/directories relative to
current?

Something about the current directory not being the same?

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

Just guessing but try forward slash rather than back slash in the
addresses. The WEB uses forward slash and a back slash might work on a
PC but not on a Mac.

brucie

In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:
The following code works a-ok on a Windows PC, but on a MacIntosh, the link
targets could not be found.

slashes wrong way and you're mixing case.

Toby Inkster

(Pete Cresswell) said:
Somebody has already pointed out that my slashes are backwards for HTML.
I'll try fixing them and try to find another Max...however that does not
explain why the first one didn't resolve.

HaVe YOu cHEcKeD CASe-SEnSiTIvitY?

Nik Coughin

(Pete Cresswell) said:
RE/

Mac OS is case-sensitive?

*nix variants are case sensitive. OS X is a BSD derivative. AFAIK case
insensitivity and \ as a path seperator are largely Windows-only quirks.

Owen Jacobson

*nix variants are case sensitive. OS X is a BSD derivative. AFAIK case
insensitivity and \ as a path seperator are largely Windows-only quirks.

The default OS X filesystem is case-preserving but case-insensitive.