    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 18, 2004

  2. RE/

    Somebody has already pointed out that my slashes are backwards for HTML. I'll
    try fixing them and try to find another Max...however that does not explain why
    the first one didn't resolve.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 18, 2004

  3. In article <>, Pete Cresswell
    <> wrote:

    > The following code works a-ok on a Windows PC, but on a MacIntosh, the link
    > targets could not be found.
    >
    > Something about expressing references to files/directories relative to
    > current?
    >
    > Something about the current directory not being the same?
    >
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------

    Just guessing but try forward slash rather than back slash in the
    addresses. The WEB uses forward slash and a back slash might work on a
    PC but not on a Mac.

    --
    Dennis Marks
    http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

    Dennis M. Marks, Oct 18, 2004
  4. (Pete Cresswell)

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:

    > The following code works a-ok on a Windows PC, but on a MacIntosh, the link
    > targets could not be found.

    slashes wrong way and you're mixing case.

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 18, 2004
  5. (Pete Cresswell)

    Toby Inkster Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

    > Somebody has already pointed out that my slashes are backwards for HTML.
    > I'll try fixing them and try to find another Max...however that does not
    > explain why the first one didn't resolve.

    HaVe YOu cHEcKeD CASe-SEnSiTIvitY?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Oct 18, 2004
  6. RE/
    > mixing case.

    Mac OS is case-sensitive?
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 18, 2004
  7. (Pete Cresswell)

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:

    >> mixing case.

    > Mac OS is case-sensitive?

    no idea but parts of URIs can be.

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 18, 2004
  8. (Pete Cresswell)

    Nik Coughin Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > RE/
    >> mixing case.

    > Mac OS is case-sensitive?

    *nix variants are case sensitive. OS X is a BSD derivative. AFAIK case
    insensitivity and \ as a path seperator are largely Windows-only quirks.
    Nik Coughin, Oct 18, 2004
  9. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:34:27 +1300, Nik Coughin wrote:

    > (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    >> RE/
    >>> mixing case.

    >> Mac OS is case-sensitive?

    > *nix variants are case sensitive. OS X is a BSD derivative. AFAIK case
    > insensitivity and \ as a path seperator are largely Windows-only quirks.

    The default OS X filesystem is case-preserving but case-insensitive.

    --
    Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
    but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who
    Owen Jacobson, Oct 20, 2004