Relative reference to parent folder on Win2003

John Kotuby

Hi all,
I have a rather large classic ASP application that uses relative references
like

...\common\connection.asp

all over the place in about 60 pages. The application works OK on my XP Pro
machine but does not work on a Windows 2003 Server. Is there a way to set
the server to accept the reference to the Parent folder? Does it have
something to do with IIS lockdown? Or IIS Version 5 instead of 6?

TIA

Dave Anderson

John said:
Hi all,
I have a rather large classic ASP application that uses relative
references like

..\common\connection.asp

all over the place in about 60 pages. The application works OK on my
XP Pro machine but does not work on a Windows 2003 Server. Is there a
way to set the server to accept the reference to the Parent folder?
Does it have something to do with IIS lockdown? Or IIS Version 5
instead of 6?

Parent paths are not enabled by default in IIS6:

You can easily turn them on for just your application or, if neccessary, for
the entire site.