Relative to root not working

Discussion in 'HTML' started by tshad, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am trying to change my paths to be relative to the root page and am
    getting errors doing it.

    With the following:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" trace="false" debug="true" AutoEventWireup="true"
    ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="header"
    src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="footer"
    src="/includes/defaultFooters.ascx" %>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">
    <!-- #include file="/includes/slidemenus.inc" -->

    I get the error:

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx' maps
    to another application, which is not allowed.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" trace="false" debug="true"
    AutoEventWireup="true" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
    %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="header"
    src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" %>
    Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="footer"
    src="/includes/defaultFooters.ascx" %>
    Line 4: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">

    Why does it say I am going to another application?

    My root is development (http://10.0.0.25/development/includes).

    Isn't src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" supposed to say look in
    development/includes for the ascs file?

    It used to say src="../includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" which worked fine. I
    am trying to get around relative addressing.

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Mar 1, 2005

  2. David Dorward, Mar 1, 2005