Relative to root not working

tshad

I am trying to change my paths to be relative to the root page and am
getting errors doing it.

With the following:

<%@ Page Language="VB" trace="false" debug="true" AutoEventWireup="true"
ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="header"
src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="footer"
src="/includes/defaultFooters.ascx" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">
<!-- #include file="/includes/slidemenus.inc" -->

I get the error:

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx' maps
to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" trace="false" debug="true"
AutoEventWireup="true" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
%>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="header"
src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="fts" TAgName="footer"
src="/includes/defaultFooters.ascx" %>
Line 4: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">

Why does it say I am going to another application?

My root is development (http://10.0.0.25/development/includes).

Isn't src="/includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" supposed to say look in
development/includes for the ascs file?

It used to say src="../includes/defaultHeaders.ascx" which worked fine. I
am trying to get around relative addressing.

Thanks,

Tom