release mode Compile error BC2014

news.microsoft.com

I have an asp.net 2.0 project that when I change the build configuration to
release I get the following error:

Command line error BC2014: the value 'None' is invalid for option
'debug'.

If I go into the projects Advanced Compile Options and change the Generate
Debug Info dropdown from None to PDB-Only the error goes away. Can anyone
explain why I have to do this and what can I do to get the one option to
work on a asp.net project? It is causing problems because the common
project is shared with a VB project that gets an error on release mode
compile if it is set to pdb-only.

Thanks for your help.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> he try build in release mode better set
!> <compilation debug="false" />

No. He said that when :

!> I change the build configuration to release

....the error occurs, therefore setting it to debug="true" should fix it.

Your suggestion, debug="false", is the same as setting the application
to release mode, so he would likely continue to get the same error as
whenhe manually sets it to "release" mode.

Just add this entry to the web.config file :

<compilation debug="true" />

hai,
he try build in release mode better set
<compilation debug="false" />

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://www.kaz.com.bd

nahid

No. He said that when :

!> I change the build configuration to release

...the error occurs, therefore setting it to debug="true" should fix it.

Your suggestion, debug="false", is the same as setting the application
to release mode, so he would likely continue to get the same error as
whenhe manually sets it to "release" mode.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/

hai,
he try build in release mode better set
<compilation debug="false" />

nahidhttp://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/http://www.kaz.com.bd- Hide quoted text -

well so what is basically main problem, say i'm not prefer set
<compilation debug="true" /> because of loss some performance

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://www.kaz.com.bd

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> well so what is basically main problem, say i'm not prefer set
!> <compilation debug="true" /> because of loss some performance

True enough, but to resolve the *current* problem ( that the app won't run ),
the solution is get get the app working *first* and then *later* we worry about performance.

No. He said that when :

!> I change the build configuration to release

...the error occurs, therefore setting it to debug="true" should fix it.

Your suggestion, debug="false", is the same as setting the application
to release mode, so he would likely continue to get the same error as
whenhe manually sets it to "release" mode.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
message

hai,
he try build in release mode better set
<compilation debug="false" />

nahidhttp://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/http://www.kaz.com.bd- Hide quoted text -

well so what is basically main problem, say i'm not prefer set
<compilation debug="true" /> because of loss some performance

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://www.kaz.com.bd

news.microsoft.com

I already have in my web config file <compilation defaultLanguage="vb"
debug="true"/>
and I am getting this message if the debug is set to true or false in the
web.config file.

news.microsoft.com

I already have in my web config file <compilation defaultLanguage="vb"
debug="true"/>
and I am getting this message if the debug is set to true or false in the
web.config file if I am trying to compile in release mode with the Generate
Debug Info dropdown set to None. If I change the Generate Debug Info
dropdown set to PDB-Only or Full then the project compiles fine reguardless
of release or debug mode. I hope this clarifies the problem I am having.