[RELEASE] Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1

Benjamin Peterson

I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1.

Most importantly, this release candidate resolves crashes of the interactive
interpreter on OS X 10.9. It also includes the usual collection of bugfixes over
2.7.5. These are described in excruciating detail in the Misc/NEWS file of the
source tarball. You can view it online at

http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/9750acbf7c40/Misc/NEWS

Downloads are at

http://python.org/download/releases/2.7.6/

As always, please test the release and report bugs to

http://bugs.python.org/

With any luck, the final release will follow in a week.

Enjoy,
Benjamin Peterson
2.7 Release Manager