Release timeframe for SilverLight 1.1 ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sloan, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. sloan

    sloan Guest

    I know this has probably been asked before, but I googled and searched old
    newsgroup posts trying to find something.
    I searched silverlight.net as well.

    Is there any kind of ballpark release timeframe for SilverLight 1.1?

    I know everybody is getting excited about it, and I'm pushing it here at
    work. But (of course) my managers want to know "When will it be
    non-alpha?".

    I don't need an exact date, and I'm not going to scream it the release date
    is a little off. I just need a ballpark timeframe.

    I realize this is new, cool, powerful stuff ( the mini CRL running in the
    browser ).....so maybe there isn't a date.

    Thanks.

    PS
    If you're going to answer with a guess or "I think I read one time", that's
    cool...., just please label it as such.
    sloan, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Based on the activity around 1.1, I would assume they are attempting a
    February 2008 release, to coincide with the official Visual Studio 2008
    release. If not then, it should be within the few months after.

    These are guesses, but I am basing it on history of what I have noticed with
    MS releases.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 28, 2007