    Any hints?
    Thank you,
    Claude

    croeltgen, Oct 24, 2004

  2. On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:47:57 +0200, croeltgen wrote:

    > I have a developped an applet in Visual J++ 6.0 and I encounter the
    > situation that the when it runs in debug mode everything is fine, but
    > when I run in release mode, the execution is 30 (thirty!) times
    > slower. I didnt encounter this problem before and I use J++ since 2
    > years already. Apart from a corrupted J++ I cannot image what the
    > reason could be.

    AFAIU, there are two distinct aspects to this problem.
    1. 'slow'
    2. 'Visual J++'

    If you wish to continue using a tool not especially well
    suited to writing Java (2.) your best bet is to take it
    to the manufacturer (of the tool) or a group discussing same.

    If you wish to receive help here, drag your source, (kicking
    and screaming, if necessary) out of your tool and compile/run
    it from the command line. In the event the 30x difference
    remains, come back here with an SSCCE* for further advice.

    * <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson