RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1

Anthony Baxter

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1).

Python 2.3.2 is a bug-fix release, to repair a couple of build problems
and packaging errors in Python 2.3.1. Assuming no major problems crop up,
a final release of Python 2.3.2 will follow later this week.

For more information on Python 2.3.2, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

http://www.python.org/2.3.2

Highlights of this new release include:

- A bug in autoconf that broke building on HP/UX systems is fixed.

- A bug in the Python configure script that meant os.fsync() was
never available is fixed.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available
from the Python 2.3 page, at

http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html

Many apologies for the flaws in 2.3.1 - the final 2.3.2 release should
address the problems.

Enjoy the new release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
(e-mail address removed)
Python 2.3.2 Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)

Irmen de Jong

Anthony said:
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1).

Thankfully it appears that there's not too much wrong
with 2.3.1, is there? I just upgraded :)

Anyway, the docs (on windows) read "Release 2.4a0"...
has this been addressed in the docs packaged with 2.3.2?

Not that this is a big issue-- but it is a bit confusing.

--Irmen de Jong

Michael Hudson

Irmen de Jong said:
Thankfully it appears that there's not too much wrong
with 2.3.1, is there? I just upgraded :)

Well, the email you're responded to lists the only serious problems.
Anyway, the docs (on windows) read "Release 2.4a0"...
has this been addressed in the docs packaged with 2.3.2?

Yes.

Cheers,
mwh