[RELEASED] Python 2.7 alpha 3

Benjamin Peterson

On behalf of the Python development team, I'm cheerful to announce the third
alpha release of Python 2.7.

Python 2.7 is scheduled (by Guido and Python-dev) to be the last major version
in the 2.x series. Though more major releases have not been absolutely ruled
out, it's likely that the 2.7 release will an extended period of maintenance for
the 2.x series.

2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster
io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set
literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from
3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests
improvements, a new sysconfig module, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For
a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see
http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python
distribution.

To download Python 2.7 visit:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Please note that this is a development release, intended as a preview of new
features for the community, and is thus not suitable for production use.

The 2.7 documentation can be found at:

http://docs.python.org/2.7

Please consider trying Python 2.7 with your code and reporting any bugs you may
notice to:

http://bugs.python.org

Enjoy!