releasing under win32

Peter Szinek

Hi,

I am developing a ruby package under linux. When I packaged it into a
gem and installed it on a win32 box, everything looked scary because of
the linux <-> dos line endings. (there are examples and tutorials etc -
and after all maybe someone wants to view the source code, too)

My question is: before packaging the stuff for win32, do you run a rake
task or something to unix2dos the files? Or this is left to the users on
the win32 side?

Thanks,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrailways.com

Ryan Davis

I am developing a ruby package under linux. When I packaged it into
a gem and installed it on a win32 box, everything looked scary
because of the linux <-> dos line endings. (there are examples and
tutorials etc - and after all maybe someone wants to view the
source code, too)

My question is: before packaging the stuff for win32, do you run a
rake task or something to unix2dos the files? Or this is left to
the users on the win32 side?

I certainly don't package it special. I have to assume that their
text editor will be smart enough to handle it.