    a paid host. It's much more reliable but I'm still finding about 20%
    of students do not get their data saved to the database at all.

    What could I do to improve reliability ?

    Biz, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Biz

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Are the student's getting error messages?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Biz

    Biz Guest

    I'm not present when they submit data but none of them has reported a
    problem. They seem to be oblivious to the failure to save their data.

    Biz, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Biz

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Do you have any error checking in your scripts?

    You probably need to add error checking and an error log to see if you can
    determine what is happening. Access is not the most robust database for web
    applications but you should not be losing data without errors occurring.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Biz

    Biz Guest

    Thanks Mark. I haven't delved into error checking before. Know of any
    good online guides or tutorials anyone ?

    Biz, Nov 12, 2003