Reliable file uploads

Buddy Ackerman

I seem to have a lot of complaints from users about file upload problems to my site (developed in ASP.NET). The issue
is not related to setting the maxRequestLength or any security issues. Most of the complaints come from Mac users. I
don't know if it's just that they have slow upload speed (the files being uploaded are in the 5-10MB range). Once I did
find that one person was using AOL (for the PC) and had their web accelerator on and although I don't know why it caused
the upload to fail everytime (my server was never getting the file). So, what can I do to make file uploads more
reliable, I'm really getting tired of hearing all the complaints.

--Buddy

Peter Rilling

I don't think there is anything you can do to solve any problems with the
HTML file upload element. If you want to ensure reliability, you could
always create like an ActiveX or something that sends the through some means
other then the form POST.