    any users of other ruby platforms besides linux and solaris have a feeling on
    how reliable the signal handling it in ruby? what i mean by reliable is if
    people know whether a ruby application that might be handling hundreds of
    signals per second misses any or not. in know that some operating system
    signals are said not to be reliable - but i don't know if this is true or not.

    cheers.

    -a

    Ara.T.Howard, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Ara.T.Howard <> wrote:
    > any users of other ruby platforms besides linux and solaris have a
    > feeling on how reliable the signal handling it in ruby? what i mean
    > by reliable is if people know whether a ruby application that might
    > be handling hundreds of signals per second misses any or not. in
    > know that some operating system signals are said not to be reliable -
    > but i don't know if this is true or not.

    Not directly an answer, but I believed (until now probably) that these
    signals are meant for rare events (you usually don't have hundrets of child
    processes terminating at the same second or people pressing CTRL-C 100 times
    per second). IOW, they were not designed to be ultimately performant. IMHO
    there are other means that do the job in a better way (pipes, semaphores
    etc.).

    Just my 0.01 EUR...

    Kind regards

    robert