Religious discussion

Julian Leviston

Hi all. I've thought quite a long time bout this, and I hope this is a
good way to proceed. Please let us any any present flame wars about
religion on this list and simply let them go and keep taking about ruby.

Thanks heaps. If we're going to press reply, I'd recommend we think
about our reply and how it helps the people on the list, and
especially if it's on-topic.

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

Kyle Schmitt

Hi all. I've thought quite a long time bout this, and I hope this is a good
way to proceed. Please let us any any present flame wars about religion on
this list and simply let them go and keep taking about ruby.

Thanks heaps. If we're going to press reply, I'd recommend we think about
our reply and how it helps the people on the list, and especially if it's
on-topic.

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

But if we ignore religious discussions how will be able to debate ruby
vs python, K&R vs ANSI?
OO vs functional?

;)

Vladimir Fekete

But if we ignore religious discussions how will be able to debate ruby
vs python, K&R vs ANSI?
OO vs functional?

maybe he had in mind that it is not appropriate for this mailing list and
for such high philosophic problems another mailing list should be created

:)

pat eyler

dustin b

I'm editor-agnostic. Well, technically, I guess I'm more of an
editor-taoist. Editaoist? Anyway, the upshot is that I can see how your
religious interpretation is a valid perspective on reality, even if it is
kind of limited.

After all, emacs is a halfway decent OS. Some people claim it lacks a
decent editor, but I disagree -- Viper is an excellent editor.

What it *does* lack is a decent bootloader.

I always thought Pico was a great editor.
Also "Git sucks" ...please don't hurt me!! (
http://www.netsplit.com/2009/02/17/git-sucks/)