Reload Problem - Tried several solutions already

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tim Pascoe, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Tim Pascoe

    Tim Pascoe Guest

    I have a data entry page which allows a user to insert or edit values
    in a SQL-Server 2000 database. A section of the page also displays any
    existing values already in the database, and allows the user to delete
    them. Exisitng values and the cooresponding delete button are
    generated on the page dynamically, with one form created for each
    value to delete. JScript is used to submit the appropriate form.

    On my test machine with NT4.0, PWS, and IE6.0, the delete function
    works fine, and the page is re-loaded with the deleted value removed.
    However, on the production environment, which is NT4.0, IIS4.0, and
    IE6.0, when the user deletes a value, the form seems to be re-loaded
    from the cache, and the 'deleted' value is still displayed. Refreshing
    the page manually, however, eliinates the deleted value.

    So - the delete function is woking, but the page does not seemd to be
    refreshed in the production environment. Does this all make sense so
    far?

    I tried the solutions offered in the newsgroup already - e.g.
    <%
    Response.Expires = 0
    Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1
    Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"
    Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"
    Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
    %>

    With no success.
    Is there something else I can do? A setting in IIS which will force
    the refresh after the delete funtion?

    Thanks,

    Tim

    Tim Pascoe, Feb 6, 2004