    I need to reload iFrame 1.1 from Page. Is that possible?

    Thanks.

    Kevin

    KDawg44, Jan 21, 2009

  2. KDawg44

    Stevo Guest

    KDawg44 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a page that has an iFrame. In that iFrame is a bunch of stuff
    > and another iFrame. I want to reload the inner iFrame (without
    > reloading the outer iFrame) from the page.
    >
    > Page
    > |_ iFrame 1
    > |_ iFrame 1.1
    >
    > I need to reload iFrame 1.1 from Page. Is that possible?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Kevin

    This can only be answered if you detail whether the page and iframes are
    all in the same domain.

    Stevo, Jan 21, 2009

  3. KDawg44

    KDawg44 Guest

    On Jan 21, 1:27 pm, Stevo <> wrote:
    > KDawg44 wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I have a page that has an iFrame.  In that iFrame is a bunch of stuff
    > > and another iFrame.  I want to reload the inner iFrame (without
    > > reloading the outer iFrame) from the page.

    > > Page
    > >   |_ iFrame 1
    > >             |_ iFrame 1.1

    > > I need to reload iFrame 1.1 from Page.  Is that possible?

    > > Thanks.

    > > Kevin

    > This can only be answered if you detail whether the page and iframes are
    > all in the same domain.

    Our company intranet website has an issue tracking page that a group
    of us have to use. we use it a couple times an hour. It keeps timing
    out after 10 minutes. Its supposed to be AD integrated but it doesnt
    work very well so you have to login about 20-30 times before it takes
    (literally). They are working on this but it is a huge pain.

    In the meantime, I was hoping to simply embed the URL of the page in
    an iFrame of another page, then call that iFrame to keep refreshing to
    reset the annoying timeout. But the timeout is kept track of by an
    internal iFrame and I would prefer to just refresh that iFrame.

    I was hoping to simply write a python script that kept grabbing the
    src of the internal iFrame's URL every five minutes but that does not
    seem to have alleviated the issue.

    I am not surprised if this is not possible but I thought I would give
    it a whirl since this thing wastes so much of my time every day.

    Thanks.

    Kevin

    KDawg44, Jan 21, 2009
  4. KDawg44

    Jorge Guest

    On Jan 21, 7:53 pm, KDawg44 <> wrote:

    > In the meantime, I was hoping to simply embed the URL of the page in
    > an iFrame of another page, then call that iFrame to keep refreshing to
    > reset the annoying timeout.  But the timeout is kept track of by an
    > internal iFrame and I would prefer to just refresh that iFrame.

    Inject into the page (via a bookmarklet) a JS code snippet to do the
    refresh:

    javascript:void (setTimeout(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
    1000*60*4));

    --
    Jorge.

    Jorge, Jan 21, 2009
  5. KDawg44

    Jorge Guest

    On Jan 22, 12:07 am, Jorge <> wrote:

    > javascript:void (setTimeout(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
    > 1000*60*4));

    Oops,

    javascript:void(setInterval(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
    1000*60*4));

    --
    Jorge.

    Jorge, Jan 22, 2009